Beaumont is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid vacation and sick time, company paid holidays, insurance, retirement savings match, and on-site fitness facilities.
Materials Lab Technician I
Location: Cranesville, Pennsylvania
Reports to: Lead Materials Lab Engineer
Hours: Monday through Friday, First Shift
Entry level position. This position is responsible for learning how to perform the various tests included in Beaumont Advanced Processing’s material characterization lab. The proper performance of these tests allows the customer to have a more accurate simulation result when utilizing Autodesk’s® Moldflow simulation software. This position requires a familiarity with standard operating procedures for preparing resin for testing and performing the actual tests.
- Ensure implementation and maintenance of policies and provisions of the quality manual
- Test requirement evaluation and work assessment
- Types of tests
- Moisture Analysis
- Mechanical Testing (Tensile)
- Shrinkage Analysis using OGP Measurement
- Specimen Machining and Cutting
- Performance of tests to specifications
- Data collection and review
- Maintenance of equipment
- Preparation of material for testing
- All other tasks and duties assigned.
- Microsoft office experience, specifically Word and Excel
- Basic Understanding of Statistics
- Able to work in a team environment
- May require lifting items over 15 pounds.
- ISO 17025 & ISO 9001 familiarity preferred
- Experience with thermal and ASTM testing equipment/procedures preferred
- 2 or 4 year college degree preferred
ATTN: Materials Lab Technician I
Tool Maker / CNC Machinist
Location: Sugar Grove, Pennsylvania
Reports to: Tooling Manager
Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:00am – 3:00pm (Overtime available as needed)
Team player in a fast-paced manufacturing/machining environment under general supervision and without technical guidance, other than engineering input. Knowledge of general machine shop equipment including surface grinders, manual turning and milling machines and EDM machine operations. This position will also require experience with CNC machine setup, basic program modifications, strategic fixture and part set up and machine tooling management. Experience with Fadal, HAAS, Makino and Mazak machine controls will be a plus.
- Operate equipment such as CNC milling and turning centers.
- Build basic fixtures from prints using manual machines.
- Troubleshoot processes and problems.
- Assist the Engineering Department in developing methods to incorporate process and product improvement.
- Set up and operate CNC machine tools.
- Plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools using blueprints, sketches, or models.
- Determine quality of finished products, ensuring defect-free parts, by verifying dimensions, alignment, and specifications using measuring instruments.
- Use various hand or power tools.
- Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings etc.
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts into the machines.
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly.
- Responsibility for continuous improvement, corrective action, and quality of products.
- Follow established safety procedures according to company and OSHA standards.
- All other duties and tasks assigned.
- Possess problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Read and interpret mold drawings.
- Basic understanding of math.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time. May also need to bend and stoop.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Possible travel between Erie, PA and Sugar Grove, PA facilities.
ATTN: Tool Maker / CNC Machinist
Equipment Maintenance Technician
Location: Erie, Pennsylvania
Reports to: Equipment Maintenance Coordinator
Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:00am – 3:00pm
Possess broad troubleshooting skills on injection molding presses, auxiliary equipment and machining equipment. Perform preventative maintenance to maintain the flow of operations.
- Ability to install, troubleshoot, repair, modify and perform preventative maintenance on all hydraulic systems, electrical units, controls, components, and related wiring with adherence to all safety regulations
- Perform work requiring extensive knowledge of electrical schematics, including electronic theory and principles
- Recognize and react to process problems in a timely matter to minimize non-conformances
- Maintain inventory of critical parts, advising management of purchasing requirements
- Moving and installing existing or new equipment
- Perform preventive/routine maintenance on molding machines, temperature control units, robots, conveyors, various auxiliary equipment and machining equipment.
- Ability to repair and troubleshoot 3 phase 480v
- Ability to repair and troubleshoot process controls – PLC & instrumentation controls
- Accurately use and read a variety of measuring devices
- Read and understand blueprints
- Operating mobile equipment, including forklift trucks, lifts.
- Performs other designated duties of the quality system as assigned
- All other duties and tasks assigned.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, schematics and drawings, handbooks, specifications, equipment manuals, parts lists and other written materials
- Good trouble shooting skills, ability to diagnose and complete repairs in emergencies
- Ability to take direction as well as be self-motivated and work in high-pressure situations
- Must possess attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Experience working on Sumitomo, Sodick, Krauss Maffei, and Arburg molding machines
- Experience working on Haas, Makino and Sodick Machining Equipment
ATTN: Equipment Maintenance Technician