Injection Molding & Root Cause Analysis for QC/QA
"The class was much more than I expected. Going in I thought it would be more of a sales pitch for MeltFlipper technology. I was wrong. I now have a better understanding of polymer flow and how to use the systematic mold balance approach to help improve our molds and reduce our scrap cost. Great class! And, I hope to attend other seminars at Beaumont."
Matt Timm, process engineer at Miniature Precision Components, Wisconsin
This course is tailored for those involved in any aspect of quality control or quality assurance for injection molding. The course begins with an overview of the injection molding machine, process and terminology to help students better communicate with molders and mold makers. Students then learn how plastics flow in the mold and the influence it has on part quality. The course then teaches an innovative Flow Grouping methodology to improve upon root causes analysis of part quality variations. Both in-class and hands-on lab sessions are used to enforce the strategies being taught.
Download Course Overview:
- Overview of injection molding machines
- Understanding the injection molding process
- Molding terminology
- Different types of molds and runner systems
- Fundamental plastic flow characteristics
- Videos of plastic flowing in molds
- Understanding pressure drop
- How pressure drop variations affect part quality
- Procedure for identifying Flow Groups in your molds
- Using Flow Groups to improve upon root cause analysis
- Looking at part quality from the plastic’s perspective
- Debunking “random” rejects
- Hands-on lab session
- The Injection Molding & Root Cause Analysis for QC/QA course costs $375
- Course duration is one (1) day
- Coursee are held 1524 East 10th Street, Erie, PA 16511 USA.
- Participants receive a course manual