How to Acquire MeltFlipper® Design Services
Beaumont Technologies' MeltFlipper® Engineering and Design Consulting Services (MeltFlipper Services) are provided exclusively by Beaumont and it's authorized Distributors or Representatives. Worldwide patent rights have been reserved.
MeltFlipper® Services can be purchased for individual molds, a volume of molds, or via a company-wide annual contract. Each MeltFlipper Service comes with a grant to use the MeltFlipper patent in the mold specified.
MeltFlipper Services are subject to a MeltFlipper End User License Agreement (EULA) and must be purchased for each additional mold, including duplicate molds, to which the MeltFlipper Designs are to be applied as outlined in the EULA.
The following is an outline of the options and procedure for acquiring MeltFlipper® Services.
- Single MeltFlipper Service
- Cost is dependent on the number and complexity of the rotation designs required
- Purchased one at a time as needed
- Generally purchased if using MeltFlipper Services in less than 5 molds per year
- Terms: Net 30
- MeltFlipper Service Packs
- Discounts of 10%-60% available
- Includes a MeltFlipper Request Form and MeltFlipper Procedure document
- Encourages sharing between company divisions/locations for larger discounts
- No need to quote individual projects, which reduces lead-times
- Terms: Negotiable for packs of 25 or greater
- Submit a MeltFlipper Request form if provided by Beaumont Technologies. If one has not been provided, please send the information requested below.
- Send mold drawings (paper drawings or electronic 2D/3D files: IGES, DXF, DWG, STEP, STL, PRO/E) showing views with runner/sprue details, including cross-sectional shapes and the core/cavity geometry in relation to the runner layout. Include hot runner details, if applicable.
- For existing molds, please send actual runners and short shots (or short shot data) to Beaumont for design reference, if available.
- Be sure to include the following information for each application:
- Mold number
- Number of cavities
- Part number
- Part description
- Material supplier, type and grade
- Purchase Order
- Provide a purchase order per a current Beaumont quote.
- Beaumont will provide a link, username and password required to download your MeltFlipper designs (available in 2D and/or 3D files). The customer should specify the file format they prefer (IGES, DXF, DWG, STEP, STL, PRO/E, Other).
- You must enter your username and password and agree to the MeltFlipper EULA before access to the design files is granted.
*Beaumont's Standard MeltFlipper Patent License Agreement may be used as an alternative to the EULA process if desired. However, the standard License Agreement must be signed by an authorized representative of your company.
- Beaumont will assign a patent license number, and it will provide a License Certificate and a Mold Tag for each application.
NOTE 1: MeltFlipper Services do not include CAE runner-sizing analysis unless quoted and specified on the purchase order.
NOTE 2: With thousands of successful applications, we are so confident in our MeltFlipper® Services that we offer a 100% guarantee. The guarantee is simply "total customer satisfaction." If the MeltFlipper® Service does not perform as expected for a given mold, we will refund the MeltFlipper Service cost 100% or you may transfer the cost to another mold per the terms of the EULA.
Still confused as to which solution can help your specific application?
Contact us today for assistance, or to receive a quote.